"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Coming Soon ... In The Mail To You

Well, I've gone and overextended my brain once again with a goofy idea about a traveling scarf game for some of my lady blog friends. The details are yet to be hashed out ... but, hopefully by next week I'll have the plans all in order. It's loosely based on the movie, The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants. Now we all know that 'Hollywood' had much to do with a bit of movie magic to have one pair of pants travel around the world to different friends and fit each of their various sizes as though said pants were custom made for each gal. My silly idea is to buy a nice light weight neck scarf, wear it on an outing, taking a picture wearing it, of course. You can post the picture on your blog with a short story ... but also send it on to the next 'blog sister' in an envelope with a postcard from your area and a short journal entry. I figure, if we passed the scarf around two or three times a month beginning in November, this will allow 10 to 15 participants to play along well into spring. Just imagine the 'shared journey' we can take to far off lands. I already have a few interested participants. If you would like find out more about this journey, please email me privately at: sillyoldme@yahoo.com.

6 comments:

Sara said...

count me in! i hope it's made of sock monkeys

Pat said...

Will you hold it against me if I get paint on it, or make it into a chair cushion?
I'm on board! Let the traveling begin!!

Trish said...

Please count me in...sara and pat will vouch for me I'm their cousin!
p.s. love your silver hair!

Margie said...

You know I'm in!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

I think I told Margie I wanted in but I'm telling you too! :)

Deb said...

I'm in.
I can(NOT) donate my socks to be made into a scarf.