First, my friend Maggie Ann ... over at the Knitting Kat blog has given me the "Uplifting Blogger Award." Maggie Ann is a sweet, kind-hearted lady that loves God with her whole being. You can't help but have some of God's Word rub off on you when you pay her a visit (a very good thing, I might add).She has inspired me to take up knitting ... and most recently ... she blessed me with a box full of wool samples to practice spinning ... as in making yarn ... there were even directions and a book with nice pictures. Soon ... I will attempt to unravel the mystery of how yarn is made... thanks to Maggie Ann :)
Secondly, My friend Lidj, from the beautiful Philippine Islands has given me the "Kreative Blogger Award" and asked me to name seven things I love that show my creativity. Well, here goes:
- God's creative touch has always inspired me. Whether watching the sun set from my backyard hammock, or photographing a snowy winter scene, Each day I go out into the world something He created JUMPS OUT at me.
- Taking something old and discarded and re-purposing it into something beautiful. Much the way God can transform a person from the inside out.
- Sewing and cooking were my favorite subjects in school. I learned to sew on a tiny little Singer sewing machine my dad bought me for Christmas when I was only five years old. That started my love for stitching up aprons, and doll clothes at a VERY young age.
- The last few years have been exciting having built our own home from a drawing I made on a paper napkin. Selecting each door knob, faucet, light fixture and appliance. Paint colors, roof color and style, and what color and type of siding. Landscaping the yards and putting in my veggie gardens. Step by step, line upon line. Much like reading the Word of God ... a little each day and soon you've read the whole Book!
- Gathering my little flock of 'Scarf Sisters' and protecting them, praying for them, acting goofy with them, encouraging them.
- Being the mother of four wonderful grown children. They bless my world each and every day. How lovely it is to watch them mature and become dear friends.
- Well, one of my four children is a most precious young man that is maturing leaps and bounds. He was created with an extra chromosome that has given him the most sensitive heart. No matter what 'label' he has placed next to his name in his school file, he's truly the most loving individual I've ever met.
There are so many Uplifting and 'Kreative' bloggers that visit here. It's hard to choose recipients. So, if you think you'd like to accept either or both of these awards from me, I give you permission to participate. Thanks ladies!