"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, October 25, 2008

After Dark


Tonight night we (four couples) traveled to Spokane's Bing Crosby Theater (aka the Met) to see this guy. Before the concert we were supposed to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory ... but who knew it was parent's week at Gonzaga University and the town was busy ... at five PM, the wait time was an hour ... so we went here instead. Had a wonderful evening returning to our youth ... at least in our minds. What a trip ... no drugs were involved. Really!

5 comments:

Pat said...

I have to go look in the mirror - I think I'm green with envy.

Saija said...

aww to go out with other couples ... in another lifetime ... but so glad you had a grownups evening out!

Jada's Gigi said...

How fun!

Constance said...

John Denver is/was one of my favorite singers of all time. I didn't realize that they used Jim Curry's voice for the biographical movie that had Chad Lowe in it! I never got to see him in concert but my Hub and our best friends did back in the day when John Denver was still doing the college circuit! "Singing Skies" is one of my favorite songs! My 2nd album I ever bought was his Greatest Hits. I've shared before how the kids all groan on vacation trips when it's my shift to drive. They know that I am popping in some JD in the cassette deck to keep me going!

Connie

Terry said...

Yummy Mrs. Mac! I clicked the "here" and looked the menu over.
I would of had the bowl of tomato soup and the meat loaf.
I suppose a little garlic every now and then wouldn't hurt me, eh?
I would of have substituted the baked potato with French fries with plenty of gravy poured on it.
Was the food piping hot by the way?
I wouldn't of had any dessert and it is a good thing I am not a sweet tooth. Other wise I would be even fatter than I am, already!!!
Was "this guy" Jim Curry that you went to listen to?
I always liked John Denver , especially when he sang "Sunshine".
It sounds like a good time was had by all Mrs. Mac!...Love Terry