"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, December 29, 2006

Looking Back on 2006


Photo: Your's truly with my brothers; Christmas, 1960


Over at 4:53 AM (Dawn's site) she had a great idea for a post. Take the first sentence of each month that you made a post for this past year and write it down. Care to come along for the journey?

January
Stuck on a narrow sandbar .... that sums up my spiritual life.
(side note ... what a way to begin the new year!)

February
Finally an offer has been made on our home!

March
Clean, crisp, fresh air ... aahh!

April
A week ago today we arrived with "all we own" packed inside our two cars.

May
The past month has been one of great relaxation!

June
Nathan's pic after 5 bbq chicken drumsticks!

July
Once again my youngest has made his escape!

August
Imagine opening your on-line "mailbox" and seeing a message from your husband titled, "Regarding Our New Baby" !!

September
The past few days have flown by without much pause!

October
Our firstborn daughter hails from Royal Oak, Michigan.

November
Tomorrow night I should be freezing my bunz off on a visit to the "North Pole" via one of the Coeur d'Alene Resort's cruise boats.

December
I'll be in and out of blog world just a bit during the next week and a half as I get in gear for my daughter's wedding (next weekend) and the company flying in for the big day.

If you want to play along, just leave a comment with your link.


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for playing along! The "vintage" Christmas photo is darling!!!

Happy New Year, Mrs. Mac!!

gramma_s said...

I'm going to be quick here, because this is the first comment your site had let me leave, I keep getting a notice that "this site cantains secure and unsecure items" I've clicked all the options and it keeps on leaveing me the notice. Anyhow I love your site and to keep up with little Nation is always a treat. Why is it those little children are always happy and loving? Your new house is exciting to keeep up with. We hung our new 2007 calender on the wall this morning. It's the one of northern Idaho weather calender. It has some very pretty pictures in it and is also interesting. Guess I didn't make it quick. I sure hope it lets me post. afterall.

Michelle said...

that was neat to read!

happy new year!

Mrs. Mac said...

Grandma ... thanks for leaving a message. Once in a while I'll get a message like that ... I think the secure/unsecure messages are because of how your computer security is set up. Anyway ... glad you stopped by!

Pat said...

Love the childhood picture, I think its so cool to see pictures of "way back when"! If I ever get a moment, I'll to dig some of mine out, theyre good for a laugh!
it was very interesting to read your past blog lines, I may have to do that too!

Maggie Ann said...

Sweet picture!!!