"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, January 30, 2006

The River Runs Dry

Stuck on a narror sand bar ... that sums up my spiritual life for the moment. I yearn for the spring snow melt to bring fresh "water" to rehydrate my spirit. I know my spiritual life is not totally dependent upon being "in" church; but for now, the solitude is what I desire. Burnout takes its toll on one .. too much involvement can lead to "no" involvement. There's a change in the weather of my life ... moving to a new location ... waiting to get settled again ... saying goodby to friends and a way of life for 19 years. What lies ahead is uncharted water. New schools for the two youngest, new climate, being apart from hubby more as he finishes up his last year before retirement. I will depend on God, trusting in Him to calm me down. Change can be exciting and scary at the same time.

No comments: