"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunshine On My Shoulder ...


In the months ahead, as we make the move to the Inland North West from SUNNY California, I must cherish the fact that we have 300 days a year of sunshine. We also have blistering hot days during the summer months, and fairly cold nights here in the high desert. Our family will adjust, just as we did to the summer heat 19 years ago! Having lived in various parts of the country, I do tend to favor the four seasons ... the getting past winter ... longing for the spring part especially.

Today being a holiday (MLK Day), I will enjoy time spent with my children at home. Hubby has to work today ... part of being in law enforcement ... crime never takes a break!


photo "big bro & "me", circa 1960

No comments: