"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, January 09, 2009

It's Friday ...


... and I have the day off. Off from granny day care, off from school snow days, off from snotty nose patrol. A morning to get out in town for some much needed shopping. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. If I can go it alone, it's tolerable. If I have to take a grand baby or special needs child that experiences melt downs and has little self control in a store, I am wiped out before I even leave the driveway. Today, though, it's a good day to get-er-done! The roads are fairly clear and so is the sky. Ta-ta-for-now.

6 comments:

Deb said...

...hope you got lots of good shopping done. I need to get groceries. I'm fresh out of healthy snacks and since I've just started a weight loss thing with two friends, I suppose I should quit eating chocolate and start eating more fruits and veggies. And yogurt. I love yogurt. Gotta get that too.

But...I did read your comment on someone's blog (I think it was Rebecca's) about the Mexican chocolate. I immediately went online and bought a bunch of it --different brand than you recommended...but same thing... Later, I'm having a cup of frothy, blended Mexican hot chocolate and I don't even care about the calories!

Today's word verification: yadem
which backwards spells meday

Yep...it's a day for ME!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Mrs. Mac,

I was going to call you this morning, but after reading your blog will wait until evening when you are home. BTW where is that mall you pictured - I don't remember that in downtown CDA?? Our mall is getting smaller and smaller - there's even mention of Gottschalks going out! Heaven forbid....Hope all is well in your household - dad is working at the church today and I'm staying at home...talk to you later sweetie...

Love you,
Mom

Trish said...

Yahoo...there's nothing like time alone!

Pat said...

Did you get all your great escape...ah, I mean shopping done?
I finally went out and got a load of groceries the other day, but since I haven't done it in a while, I'm getting the urge to go window shopping. I don't care about buying clothes too much any more, but I do love "house" shopping to places like TJ Maxx and Home Goods. I have a gift certificate to Home Goods from Amy that's starting to burn a hold in my purse...I need to use it! But, not today, never on Saturday if I can help it!
Hope your time out was good!

Jada's Gigi said...

I know hat you mean about going alone...taking Miss J is purely a waste of time!

Crown of Beauty said...

I'm happy for you! Hope you had a wonderful day!