Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Being Content With Simple Pleasures
Here's a list of simple pleasures that make my day:
1. Waking up to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee
2. A cool washcloth on my face at the end of the day
3. Finding my newspaper on the front porch instead of the wet grass
4. Getting into bed at night with fresh line dried sheets.
5. The smell and feel of freshly ironed clothes
6. Yeasty bread baking in the oven ... giving off that delicious "I love you" family scent
7. Hugs from my children
8. The way my dog nuzzles her nose in my hand for me to pet her head
9. Listening and watching Nathan play along with the neighbor children.
10. Knowing that God loves me.
Can't get more simple than that? Care to share?