"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thunder and Lightning and Rain ...

...Oh My!

Last night the dawg and Nathan were stirred up a bit.  They both have super keen senses and .. much to my surprise .. had detected the presence of a storm off in the distance well before it arrived.  Just last year Nathan could be found holed up in an interior bathroom sleeping on the floor with the exhaust fan and light on during such an event.  And Miss Holly, the dawg, would be given a sedative to make it through the night.  This is a picture of Nathan and his dawg waiting out the storm.  Brave boy sat under the front porch on a rocker wrapped up in a blanket .. pretending that dinosaurs were making all the racket.  The dawg was allowed inside to fidget ... drug free ... until all was calm.  Miracles never cease to amaze me;)

"On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled."
Exodus 19:16

11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Bless their hearts. I do NOT like thunderstorms either. Florida is known as the lightning capital of the US and the accompanying thunder is horrible sometimes.

Glad you all made it through the night.

FlowerLady

Sandy said...

Not many people or animals
enjoy thunderstorms. My
cats run and hide when the
thunder gets too loud. My
dog that recently passed
away would actually make a
whining sound that would
make you think a baby was
crying nearby. Funny, I on
the other hand really enjoy
the thunder and winds, not
so much the lightening. I
love to cross stitch or do
other creative things and
listen to the storm while
all cozy and safe inside.

Pat said...

Sitting in a rocker on the front porch..what a great spot to wait on a storm.
From the look of the dawg's eyes...there was some dread she's was feeling! Wow...those are some peepers!

Diane said...

Would have loved to be sitting in a rocker on that front porch beside Nathan! I love a thunderstorm and it must be beautiful from where you are in the mountains! Poor dawg, he looks so frightened! Seems Nathan has come a long way since the days of hiding in the bathroom. Good for Nathan!

Jim said...

M&M, you must be consoling to those two. I know the lightening and thunder are bigger in the open spaces (Texas too) where you are now than the tamer St. Louis.
But even so, I really feel you are doing wonders with Nathan. Seem maybe with Miss Holly too.

Our Adi doesn't even blink at the thunder and lightening. She trusts me to protect her. Katrin barks a little. We don't know how Amber will be but we will cross our fingers.

Too bad only one of you could go to Ann's graduation. A set of our friends last night watched their granddaughter's graduation on the Internet. I thought that was really good for older people and for shutins. Also would be good for our larger schools here where the grad only gets a couple of tickets.
..

Felisol said...

Our Heavenly Father sure makes wonders. He's working miracles al the time.
Job 5: 8 "But if it were I, I would appeal to God;
I would lay my cause before him.

9 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted."
The sight of Nathan and the dawg, it's such an extraordinary proof of exactly that.

Sara said...

nathan is braver (more brave?) than i! i usually start out sitting on the porch and end up hunkering down with a flashlight praying our trees don't topple! does nathan have an extra rocker for me?

Amrita said...

Oooh poor Nate and his dog, must be a relief to them when the storm was over.

Cindy said...

I don't like storms either!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Nathan's growth and on Ann's graduation!

The dawg is just at your mercy. Glad it was not too bad for him.

Barbara

Jada's Gigi said...

you guys are really having some storms up there I have seen! I kind fo like thunderstorms...however I am more cautious about lightening than I have ever been...make TS a bit less thrilling.