"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect ... Nap Time ...

... and other minutia. 

I was on a short trip to visit family on the West Coast of California.  Ocean air and sunshine were pleasant and a nice change from all the rain we've been having.  This was a trip ALONE.  No kids or hubby.  Just kick back time to relax from the everyday stress of life ... stopping in Phoenix on the way back ... and happy to say not for long as it was over 100F .. much too warm for the Snow Queen.  And wouldn't you know .. I picked up a cold on the flight home ... so now I'm recuperating.

Yesterday I found myself in the dentist office after chipping my tooth on a butter rum lifesaver candy.  Ann is interning with our family dentist .. so she was able to assist.  Nothing like practicing on a family member, eh?;)

It's time for another nap ... hope to be feeling better soon and maybe find something to write about.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Bless your heart. Praying
for a quick recovery for you.
Glad you were able to take
a much-appreciated rest for
a few days.
Grace & Peace,
Sandy

Felisol said...

Praying for a recovery for you.
Surprisingly many catch cold on their plane trip.
Take time to heal.
It ma be your body's way of craving for more days off!

Kathryn said...

Glad you're back safe. Hope you soon recover from the cold. :)

Trish said...

Sorry to hear that you picked up a cold...feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Be well soon! Hoping that sunshine gave you some immunity power!

Barbara

Maggie Ann said...

What a bummer to chip a tooth. Kind of like instant depression? I hate when that happens. It must have been comforting to have your Ann helping to care for you though. =) Hope your head cold clears up quickly. They say being confined in a space with other people...well, the germs are like multiplying rabbits...I guess? =(

Pat said...

Chipped tooth...that's the worst, but I do love butter rum lifesavers!
I wonder if that Airborne stuff really works. They say if you take it several days before a flight it's supposed to help. Maybe I'll test it out before I come to visit and I'll let you know the outcome!
By the way, I always feel crummy after flying..just a warning!

Amrita said...

Have a restful weekend Mrs Mac