"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Take a Seat ...

... and grab a cuppa coffee!


It's been a busy week at the Mac home.  Father's Day ... graduation ... Patrick's birthday ... BBQ's ... and a visit from my newest grandson.  Newest AND oldest.  Let me introduce you to Junior.  As in Patrick Junior.  That's right!  He's my little grandson that has been haunting me for the past four years.  You see, he was born to his Korean mother ... and my oldest son.  Sadly .. they are not married .. but that's water under the bridge at this point.  I met him briefly nearly two years ago and he melted my heart.  Then I came home and pined away praying to God about the little fellow wondering if I'd ever be part of his life.  His story is one of complications that go way beyond his understanding so we will leave it at that.  I'm just happy to have him with me this week!  We've got lots of catching up to do, stories to read, games to play ... and trips to the park. This grandma needs a nap!

Pics:  Top ... Patrick & Junior, bottom ... Jacob & Junior (cousins)

10 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
You do know how to bring tears into an old lady's eye.
I thank God for this sunshine story, and the wonderful grandson on his father's arm.
This week has been a "God answers prayers week"to me.
May the Patricks be forever blessed and kept under God's wings, both of them.
They are lucky to have you as the caring, loving Mom/ Grandmom.

Sandy said...

Patrick Jr. is a beautiful boy.
Just love him and show him who
Jesus is in that love. That's
all you can do. Your son will
come around one day. Try not
to worry. I know it's hard.
Hardly anyone in my very large
family knows Jesus. I just keep
interceding and loving.
Blessings,
Sandy

Pat said...

I love his precious smile!!!! He is adorable, and looks like a perfect play pal for Jacob!
God must have created you with an extra special capicity to pray and love...you have handled the life he gave you so beautifully, showing Gods grace in every instance. Now...He has rewarded you with yet another grandson! Precious gifts each one.
ps
Is he going to be called Jr.? Hal's a jr, and I can't say it fits a grown man..LOL!

Diane said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! I cannot imagine the joy in your heart to have him there and get to spend time with him. I am so excited and so very thankful the Lord has shown you favor and brought him to you for this time. It looks like he and his Daddy are a great team! Thank you for sharing this blessing with us!

DarcyLee said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing and you've got both hands full! Blessings on your new addition.

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my goodness, its better than any fiction. What a precious boy and what a blesed Grandma! I am so happy for you!

Trish said...

Oh, Mrs. mac he is beautiful! So happy that you get to spend time with this precious boy...nothing like those grandbabies, for sure and for certain. Daddy Patrick looks so happy holding Patrick Jr.!
Enjoy this week...hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

He is a heart-stealer, for sure!

Margie said...

so cute! another chance to love!

Crown of Beauty said...

I never knew you had an Asian grandson.

He looks so cute. Glad you had some time to be with him!


Love
Lidj