"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, July 30, 2010

We Return To Normal

Summertime is rolling right along.  We've had two rounds of company so far ... and one more for the month of August ... my folks; they are easy to have as house guests as they know their way around town and offer me respite throughout their stay :)

I'm amazed to see how much Nathan has grown this summer in height and weight.  Not that he's a large boy, but he definitely is growing.  Camp exercise and fresh air give him a good appetite.

I just couldn't resist posting this pic of Jacob and Daisy Mae (his new puppy).  Both come over for regular visits to melt this grammy's heart!

Today was berry picking day at the local farm.  I picked two quarts of raspberries and 2 quarts of strawberries to make some freezer jam and stockpile the freezer with frozen berries for winter treats.  

Hoping your summer is spent with family and friends making good memories.

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It sounds like you are having a good summer. Glad to hear Nathan is doing well.

That is a sweet picture of Daisy Mae and Jacob.

I've got a couple of recipes for freezer jam, have never made it before but it sounds relatively easy and wonderful.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Amrita said...

cute companions

Sandy said...

Glad you are having an enjoyable
summer and that your folks will
be helping out so you can get
out a bit. We actually went out
very briefly yesterday while
Shaun gets used to our new
assistant. Not brave enough just
yet to go to dinner, just a quick
trip to a hardware store!
Love that picture of Jacob & his
puppy!

DarcyLee said...

Glad to hear that your summer is going so well. Love that picture. So cute!

Jim said...

Hi M&M, welcome back to normal. Normal? I don't know what that word means and haven't for quite some time.

I am back from holiday also. I've started blogging and visiting and commenting more. Mrs. Jim has been ordered to extended duty in London as Granny Nanny. She should return Aug 4. I miss her.

I am glad that Ann got a job. I know she will be a good worker. Did you know that rubs off? Look around and you will see if you didn't know.

Jacob and Daisy are cute. You picture is cuter still.

Will go now. When you come back to my blog you can slip down to my todays blog (July 30). My testimony is there, a little expanded from the one I left on Terry's blog but still says the same thing.
..

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest!

Pat said...

Cute, cute, cute pic of Jacob and Daisy Mae!!!
Back to normal always feels good, whatever our normal may be. It's a island of security in our busy lives.
Your are going to be "jam rich" when your done. NOthing like the real thing made at home!

Crown of Beauty said...

Such a lovable pair, a little boy and a puppy.

Thinking of you Mrs. Mac... glad to know that all is well with you, and that Nathan is really growing fast.

Always love to read updates from you...

Love
Lidj

Jada's Gigi said...

adorable pic! I know they do melt your heart! I think I'm about done with company for the summer. i intend to BE company for the rest of the year..:)