"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Passing of a Blogger Friend


Last year I started reading a blog called
"WhatsupwithJan" about this special education teacher that had a reoccurance of cancer. I would visit her site every day to check in on her condition ... leave a few words of encouragement, and silently pray for her. She was a very upbeat person, and was surrounded by a wonderful loving family and support system. When she posted that the doctors had suggested Hospice step in, my heart sank ... and sadly this past April, Jan's Journey came to an end ... at the gates of heaven. She being a Christian ... I'm sure was allowed to enter in. Have you every "lost" a cyber friend? Just knowing she's not here on earth has left me a bit empty. But I'm looking forward to meeting her one day in heaven.
Photo by "Me" June '06 Wild Rose - upclose

2 comments:

Maria Stahl said...

I sure have lost cyberfriends and yes indeed it hurts! Thank God for the promise of Heaven. Your friend is safe now, but that doesn't mean you won't miss her, of course.

gramma_s said...

That's sad. It's interesting how you become attached and intertwined in a person life even if you have never met them.