"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Panicky, Pooped, and Picking up Son at Airport


I have to pull myself together here today. Yesterday I met with the banker (new construction loan officer), called the builder, and ranted a bit with the engineer. What was to take 1 - 2 weeks for engineering (way back 5/10) is still not complete. I'm going to go over his head if this is not resolved today ... or a good explanation is given. Everything from here on out depends on the engineer to sign off on the plans ... bank loan, building permit, bid, etc, etc. My panic button has been pushed too many times, and it's only midweek.

On to the nicer side of life. My oldest son, Patrick, is coming home on leave today. He's stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA, so I haven't seen him for some time. I do want his visit to be nice and not filled with memories of a panicky old witchy lady for his mom.

Gotta run ... his plane lands in about one hour.

P.S. Dh called this morning to see how everyone was doing ... I try to hold back all the picky details ... but wasn't happy when he said, "well, gotta go, we just pulled up to the mocha shop for our ice blendeds ... referring to his police partner." That man!!! I so need a mocha right about now.

photo taken 6/28: Patrick and Elizabeth ... my oldest two at lunch after son's arrival today

No comments: