"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, July 23, 2009

"When The Dog Bites ...


... when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad .. I simply remember my favorite things .. and then I don't feel sooooo bad"

This has been a normal for us .. but unusual ;) week!

Ann girl has been laid up from having four wisdom teeth removed. She is nearly twenty .. but has a mouth the size of a ten year old .. body not too far off either .. she's very petite and could blow over in the wind if not careful. Last night she went to visit a friend to watch a movie .. she got more than she bargained for and was attacked by their German shepherd dog. A bite to the backside/bottom, scratches, bruises, a ripped purse used to defend herself, panicky phone call to Mom telling me not to be upset ... (that's usually not good news when a sentence comes out of her mouth beginning with those words) ... damage: puncture wound, emotional distress, ripped purse, dvd (from Netflix) with fang bites, trip to the urgent care, tetanus shot, antibiotics, another reason to stay on the couch for a few more days. Mr. Mac has stepped in and taken care of reporting the incident to the proper authorities .. good ole dad.

artwork credit here

8 comments:

Deb said...

Oh No! I had been praying for your daughter....didn't think I'd need to add a dog bite to my prayer list!

Bravo to Mr. Mac for handling the authority reporting stuff.

Our beloved dog, Chauncy, bit my stepdaughter last year - he had an infection in his bone and she reached for his leg --we put him down. Didn't want to take the chance that he'd hurt Olivia or anyone else. I was devastated, of course, and miss him terribly. Bentley will never take the place of my Chauncy! Bentley is his own little bundle of love and antics!

I pray that Ann heals well!

WV: bloggene...we all obviously have the blog gene!

Crown of Beauty said...

What a traumatic thing it must have been for poor Ann girl. I pray she will heal... and recover from her teeth extraction, and all those physical and emotional puncture wounds.

Amrita said...

Terrible thing to happen to Ann. Pray she feeling better

Pat said...

I think Ann may need Sara's help after all these tramatic events! Naw...that just may put her over the edge! Praying for her!

Mrs. Mac said...

Pat ... Ann (without an E) was elated to have her #2 beau (#1 being God) step in and come to her rescue by taking care of all the incident reporting details. She's at work today, non for the weary, with bruises, punctures, and all. Thanks for all the prayers everyone. I don't think we can afford Sara's services unless she gives us a family discount :)

Maria Stahl said...

Oh dear! I'm behind on my reading and just saw this. I'm so glad Ann is okay... I mean, though beat up, not maimed or killed. And while I am sorry for the family that may lose their dog now, I hope the right thing is done and that dog is mercifully, calmly put to sleep before this happens again, maybe to an even smaller person who doesn't have a purse and the Power of Netflix to defend himself or herself.

WV: permone. One of the muses, I think - the Muse of Hair Styling.

Margie said...

that's horrible! I'm sorry she got bit, but SO glad she's ok!

Will add her to the prayer list, and the family of the dog that they will know what to do whether to keep the dog or put it down.

Maggie Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ann's frightful experience! You just never know about other folks pets. I hope she recovers speedily, bless her heart!