"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Bee Is Off His Butt ... blip


I've written before about our 'secret' language with Nathan. His simplistic use of words is a bit cartoonish. He recently was stung by a bee that flew up his short pants while he and I were relaxing on the hammock ... for hours and hours the trauma was replaying over and over in an endless loop of torture in his mind. This level of pain was intense for him ... and after hog tying him to apply some sting relief ointment and applying a 'magic' band aid ... he was mentally convinced the pain was gone (for a while at least). Any new pain on any place of his being is now referred by him as a 'bee off' .... only when the pain has abated he says, "bee off ... blip" ... You gotta love him.

Since the Mr. has returned to live home full time, I've noticed some different patterns to Nathan's potty habits. I won't get into graphic details ... but let's just say too many 'daddy and son' trips to McDonalds for French fries has led to a disruption to Nathan's digestion ... leading to a very, very sore bum ... (The poor kid has had colon surgery and already has problems with digestion associated with Hirschsprung's Disease). The pain was so intense that Nathan said he wanted the 'bee off his butt' ... ;) After a quick trip to the doctors yesterday, he confirmed that eating changes are needed. More protein, less of those delicious carbs ... and more fiber are a must. Benefiber is his new friend. This morning, Nathan was ecstatic: He informed me that the 'bee is off his butt ... blip' ... Praise the Lord!

8 comments:

Sara said...

i know i always feel so much better when the bee is off my butt blip. then again, who doesn't? seriously, praying for nathan digestion.

Jada's Gigi said...

Ditto what Sara said...lol! What a funny post! and what a great idea to train the Mr! Gotta love a man who knows his way around the laundry room.

Amrita said...

Ooooh sweet Nathan.

Amrita said...

Hi Mrs Mac I displayed the award you gave me on my blog and put down a list of 6 things which make me happy.

Saija said...

awww, poor little guy ... but atleast you DO have a way of communicating ... i think that must be the most difficult - knowing when something is physically wrong - for them to share that with you ...

blessings on ya!

Pat said...

I understand completely. I would have probably said the same thing if a bee invaded my personal space.
His poor tummy...Mom's on the case and he'll soon be better.
I loved that SNL Palin/Hillary clip! I also want a knock off pair of her glasses. Wonder if Walmart Optical carries them?

Deb said...

...praying for everyone's 'bees' to be off their butts...blip!

Maggie Ann said...

How sweet he must be...I'm glad the Benefiber is working. It would be very tramatic for anyone to have a bee sting while relaxing on the hammock! I wondor if he thought..'why me'?