"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dog Days of Summer















... when it's hot ...




In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer quite the other way
I have to go to bed by day.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Pics .. top to bottom:

  1. Ann with her pet .. goldie Holly
  2. Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  3. My 'home rigged' ice cream churn
  4. Homemade potato bread (what do you expect from Idaho?)
  5. Mrs. Mac's gardening bonnet (a thrifty find I embellished with silk flowers)
  6. (son) Nathan & (grandson) Jacob enjoying homemade waffles laced with raspberries
  7. Jars of homemade strawberry jam
  8. simmering jam
  9. Nathan & his dawg, Holly

9 comments:

Margie said...

LOVE the pics! thanks for sharing!

Pat said...

Great pics..what's the third from the bottom? Am I looking at it to hard to see what it is?
great shots of the kids and of course...the dawg..DAD!

Mrs. Mac said...

I should label the pics ... it's the 'before' shot of the jars of strawberry jam.

Jada's Gigi said...

AWesome pics! I love the dogs days of summer!

Crown of Beauty said...

The pictures speak a thousand words! Lovely picture of daughter with dog, and the same dog this time with Nathan.

The homemade potato bread, homemade icecream, waffles with rasperry, and the strawberry jam ... makes my mouth water. I think you must be the ultimate American homemaker!

Amrita said...

All the snaps warmed my heart summerlike. Ann is so pretty abd my...my your My Fair Lady bonnet is very stylish.

Littl Man Nate steals my heat. I can almost the jam and cuddle the dwag...and dive into the lake.

Potato bread, I must find a recipe and try it...would be fun to try it.

Deb said...

What an ingenious ice cream "machine!"

I love potato bread!

Great photos!!

Jim said...

Hi M&M, I am sorry about Ann. I grew up with a German Shepherd, she bit one person, my older cousin. We were playing 'chase Jim' and Von thought things were serious and bit her. All was forgiven but we watched Von a lot better after that.
I am glad she could go to work.

I will be up for strawberry jam and some fresh bread like your make it. Even you could do ice cream again.
It will be when things cool off up there. I know it is hot because Ms. Palin said it was 150 degrees in Alaska, it's got to be hot in Washington!
..

Anonymous said...

I like "home rigged"!

You will be linked in my next post (again).

Barbara