"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Getting Loopy



... well not that kind of loopy~ I'm in the process of planning a driving trip around the International Selkirk Loop. Our first night's reservation is here ... in a small lakeside log cabin. This will be about a four night adventure through Washington State, Idaho, and beautiful British Columbia along a scenic byway. My bags are packed and I'm ready to gooooooooooooooooo! Yes, I'm a bit anxious ... it's been a while since the Mr. and I have had a vacation together. Nathan will be traveling with us too. Here's a sample three day tour

Check List:

camera
flashlight
snacks
maps
spf 30 sun screen
hats
sneakers
Bible
water
tooth brush & paste

14 comments:

Pat said...

I've never heard of th is loop, but it sounds great! When are you leaving?
I'm leaving next week for the cottage, I'm ready to go!

Trish said...

Sounds divine! Have a happy and safe trip!

donna said...

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time!

Lisa Christine said...

Sounds like fun! Maybe my family and I will take that trip sometime....(we live in Eastern Washington)!

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog :)

Diane said...

Oh, Mrs. Mac, it sounds heavenly! Enjoy your trip and be safe!

Many hugs.........

Diane

Sara said...

can you swing by and pick me up?

Amrita said...

have a god time

Jada's Gigi said...

Fun, Fun! wish I could get loopy too! ... its been a while since my Mr and i have had a vac too. Maybe over Memorial Day weekend...:) Enjoy!

Constance said...

WOW! What fun you have in store! I will have to remember this area for when we retire, especially if we decide to buy land in your neck of the woods. have a wonderful time and be sure to post LOTS of pictures!
Connie

Trish said...

Are you home yet? Waiting for details!!!

Crown of Beauty said...

Can hardly wait for your stories!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
wishing you a happy and safe journey.
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

You need to add something to your list. At least 100 rolls of film, O, I forgot you take digital, well then take a memory cards along that at least hold 3600 photos. :-)
I miss giving you advise. :-)
Love, Gramma_S

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
Haven't heard from you in a while.
Hope things are fine.
Sending an extra prayer for you.
From Felisol