"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, May 08, 2009

Spring Fever


... and a lack of computer memory has kept me from posting my British Columbia pictures. I hope to resolve the pc problem soon. My days have been spent in bliss out in the garden planting a nice variety of veggies and flowers. Some from seeds ... some from dividing last year's plants, some from plants I started in March, and some from the nursery. Don't laugh ... but the Mr. bought me a nice wood chipper for Mother's Day ... I kid you not. The salesman wasn't sure that was a keen idea ;) ... but oh, I'm so delighted :) There are endless jobs for me to do outside. Cleaning up the winter's mess, repairing this and that, and plotting down a few garden maps so I know where to rotate crops next year has been keeping me busy. Now, when the wood chipper arrives, we can get to work making wood mulch for the walking trail out back. Winter's cage has been opened and I'm free at last.

8 comments:

Margie said...

seriously sounds like the perfect gift! what a great hubby!

Happy Mommy's Day!

Crown of Beauty said...

Wow, just the very thing you need for all you want to do, Mrs. Mac.

Love to have you back with us in blog land.

And happy mother's day to you today.

You are a good Mother, the Lord knows how much you;ve been through. You have responded by obeying, and your character that is so giving has continued to be molded and shaped by the Master's hands.

You are a masterpiece of a mother, Mrs. Mac.

Love
Lidj

Constance said...

I've been wondering where you were and now I know! One year for Mother's day Dave bought me a Hiking Stick and a bear bell. It's one of the best gifts he's ever given me! So chip away! We don't need useless stuff, give us practical any day!

Enjoy your new-found freedom but don't get lost! We're eager tosee your pictures you knw!

have a stupendous Mother's day!
Hugs and kisses,
Connie

Amrita said...

Hsppy Mother 's day

Anonymous said...

I am equally happy in my yard, too, Mrs. Mac! I so get how you will enjoy your shredder! I'm working on a new-fangled edger-trimmer for my birthday. hehe.

Happy Mom's Day to you!
Barbara

Pat said...

Nothin' says lovin' like a wood chipper! I say, buy me a gift I really want and not something you THINK I want....sounds like that's just what Mr. Mac did. That's a good husband! Hal got me a water feature for the yard....I love it, and he listened too!
Glad to hear your trip was so nice, I can't wait to see the pictures. I always like going on a trip with you. LOL!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
Your husband did well. Our chipper sure has done its part of enriching our garden this spring.
The soil is heavy, partly clay-ish. Mixing with wood chips makes wonders.
Good luck!
From Felisol

Maggie Ann said...

Is that what we were in...'winter's cage'? I love it. There's poetry in that statement Mrs.Mac.