"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Rest Well ... Fare-Thee-Well

... after yesterday's near miss with catching a cold, it dawned on me that the night before was not one of well rest ... making me more susceptible to a weaker immune system .. rest ... or lack of it .. should not be taken lightly.  Lack of sleep, stress and a poor diet all contribute to catching an illness.  Last night I started watching "Gone With The Wind" .. I didn't make it past the first 30 minutes or so ... but did take notice that Scarlett O'Hara, while attending a fine bbq-ball-all-day-affair took time out of the afternoon for a nap at the plantation.  Rest well, fare-thee-well is how I describe the need for quite time .. naps .. a good night sleep .. to ward off illness. While the rest of my family has the sniffles, sneezes, achoos, aches, sore throats ... I will be ever so thankful to  have avoided, once again, their BUGS. 

Two women resting image from here

6 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I agree....rest is so important to staving off illness. With a lot of soap and water...and no stress. I've been sometimes trying the 20 second hand wash thats recommended.

Anonymous said...

Much wisdom.

Barbara

Jim said...

A little nap goes a long way!
A long nap makes a person cranky.
Brown medicine kills cold germs!
A good night's sleep cinched it.
..

Crown of Beauty said...

Rest well... Mrs. Mac. You are much needed by your loved ones. But you owe it to yourself to rest whenever you can!

Love
Lidj

Saija said...

rest is needed and our world things we can go 24/7 ... nope ...

hope you stay cold free!!!

blessings on your week!

Amrita said...

Take good rest mrs Mac.

I 've got Gone With the Wind on video, want to watch it too.