"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Psalm 118


Psalm 118

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

2 Let Israel say:
"His love endures forever."

3 Let the house of Aaron say:
"His love endures forever."

4 Let those who fear the LORD say:
"His love endures forever."

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and he answered by setting me free.

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

10 All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

11 They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

12 They swarmed around me like bees,
but they died out as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off.

13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the LORD helped me.

14 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.

15 Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!

16 The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"

17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.

19 Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.

20 This is the gate of the LORD
through which the righteous may enter.

21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;

23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

25 O LORD, save us;
O LORD, grant us success.

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
From the house of the LORD we bless you.

27 The LORD is God,
and he has made his light shine upon us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
up to the horns of the altar.

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.

29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

I received this Psalm in an email today from Felisol. It spoke to my heart in many areas, especially in regards to our bankrupt political system.


Photo: by & digitally 'mastered' by Mrs. Mac. October 24, 2009. Taken aboard a fast moving train in Northeast Washington State.

6 comments:

Constance said...

Good Morning Mrs Mac!

You asked about how frequently we go home to St Charles and we usually go home *4-5x a year. It's a 10 1/2 hour drive but depending on the route it can take longer! I am traveling back next week already b/c my BF Brenda and I are going to Springfield IL for a Beth Moore weekend. If I take the Interstate 35 route it takes me through Norman OK and that of course s where OU is, my son's idea of heaven on earth! I ALWAYS stop at the Sprawl Mart there and see if I can find him some OU stuff. Dave does NOT stop but Mom of course does, when it's just me!

I have a flight booked for Feb (2010)to go back up and celebrate the girlies birthdays since Southwest had a great deal running and I got my ticket for $100! We'll be making a run in May (2010) to celebrate Pop's 80th birthday (a surprise so mum's the word! Ha ha) We'll return in July (2010)for the annual 4th of July birthday bbq bash and probably Thanksgiving (2010) as well! Going 4 times is a minimum of 5000 miles a year on the VUE. It was worse when we lived in Colorado, it was about a 17 hour drive in those days!

When we lived in Lincoln, Nebraska (a mere 400 miles away) a friend exclaimed that I was a "Pioneer Woman" and that no way would she drive like that w/o her husband! I never thought much of it to tell you the truth. If I waited on Dave being available I would miss out. I figured it was always a compliment to me that Dave trusted my judgment enough that I could take off in the old station wagon or the old 1984 Dodge Van (AKA "The War Wagon") loaded up with kids and drive home to visit family. I NEVER stopped at rest stops it was always a McDonald's for potty breaks. I figured all of the money I had spent there over the years entitled us to use the bathrooms if we needed it! I would stop at a Sprawl Mart and make the kids walk around, grab lunch and then it was usually enough for them to either nap or be contented for a while! No TV in the van in those days!
Connie

Kathryn said...

The pic is beautiful. Nice that cameras can do that now, even when in a fast moving vehicle. :)

I appreciated your email, & will respond when my brain is functioning again. (I've corrected 7 typos in just this little bit - 8!)

Thank you for sharing the Psalm. I needed that today. (9!)

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
I agree, it's a wonderful psalm with so many promises.
The best is;"His love endures forever."
I've often been deeply worried and a troublesome control freak, when it comes to what I cannot control;-the future.
The Lord is good, He's given me a word for the future too.
Psalm 37: 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

Till this day the Lord has kept his promises. I kmow I need to pray more earnest "Thy will be done."
I am old enough to have experienced that His roads are higher than mine.

Even so, if you've got time, Gunnar is heading towards Serina as I right. He's going to drive an old Fiat over snowy mountains tomorrow or Saturday, a 14 hours drive. Please pray for his safe return.
I am not shy to remind the Lord about his promises. In fact He has encouraged us to do so.
God bless us all and our countries as well.
From Felisol

Mrs. Mac said...

Dear Felisol,

I am glad you often remind me of God's promises. I will remember Gunnar in prayer for traveling mercies as he visits with our princess. Really, he's driving an old Fiat? Is this his classic car? I haven't seen or been in one for three decades. We have light snow today which makes for a good day to sip tea and nibble banana bread in front of the wood stove.

Trish said...

Wow! I love, how you digitally mastered that photo...makes it look like a painting!
And of course a Psalm always speaks to our Spirits...love them!
Enjoy your tea and sweet, all snuggled up by the stove.
I think, I will have Tomer, haul in some wood for the Fireplace...I am ready for the crackling sounds and smells it will bring!!!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
Gunnar is driving the Fiat -86 model my father drove till the day he had a brain hemorrhage.
Gunnar loved my dad and my dad loved and respected Gunnar, that's why he will not wreck this car after Serina has inherited our old Peugeot.
So far He is well installed in Volda, and will take some time tomorrow helping Serina out with minor tasks.
It's the Norwegian edition of Rocky Mountains I have the greatest respect for. He'll have to cross them with a non servo, manual gearbox, no airbags,poor brakes.
Lots of angles guard him all the way according to the Psalms."He shall give his angles charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."
From Felisol