"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Wedding Trail



Date: December, 2006
Chapel, secured
Reception Facility, secured
Bride's dress and veil, on lay-a-way
Announcements, purchased
Reception decorations and plans, finished

We are planning a very small, wedding for the bride and groom's nearest friends and relatives, about 20 in all. Nothing lavish, just simple, intimate, elegant and affordable. The wedding is mid-afternoon followed by a sit-down dinner at a secluded hamlet in the North Woods. The resturant will be decorated for Christmas, and is nestled in the forest with lake views in their fireside room. Could it get any easier??? Tomorrow I'm off to take Mom to the airport and then check on the wedding cake and photographer. The area we live in is known as the wedding capital of the Pacific Northwest ... services abound. Can you believe I'm building a home and planning a wedding at the same time???

10 comments:

Margie said...

Sounds like fun!

They should leave the chapel to "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin

Tonya said...

That sounds great. It will be wonderful! You have to be running around like crazy being that you are planning a wedding and building the house, I will pray for you!

Bibi said...

... no wonder you're feeling a wee bit stressed! Take care ;-)

Unknown said...

sounds like a delightful wedding plan. my daughter told me she wants a small wedding with people she actually knows.

LOL. I'm good with that.

Unknown said...

sounds like a delightful wedding plan. my daughter told me she wants a small wedding with people she actually knows.

LOL. I'm good with that.

Jada's Gigi said...

OMGosh!! A wedding in 2 months!! I din't know how you're pulling it all off, especially with the house building thing going on,,,not to mention CHRISTMAS!!...Yikes!....well thankfully its small and intimate. Sounds as if it will be lovely! We spent an entire year planning my daughters...for several reasons but I was glad we had the year in the end...

Maggie Ann said...

Yes, I can believe you are building a home and planning a wedding too. You are a role model for me. I couldn't ever build a home...and when our daughter got married I was jelly. She was captain of the ship...smile. (She loves me anyway!) I like your description....elegant & affordable. It sounds like a dream of a wedding even now in the planning stage.

Mrs. Mac said...

Today we got the invitations and response cards printed up ... very easy to do on the home printer ... and very elegant. I also made flight arrangements for dh and our oldest son, ... then ordered my clawfoot tub and supplies for the new home.

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac...Your main site is so full of such good things and such nice pictures. I have to go to bed now as I have to work in the morning but after that I will be off for four whole days. Everybody prayed so much for my siter Betty that she is well enough to go back to work!!
I want to read the rest of your blog and look at all the pictures.
God Bless You and give that little Gift a hug....Love Terry

gramma_s said...

You must certainly be one busy lady. If only life would be more even. (like one big event at a time) instead of 2 or 3. But then I'm sure we would get bored of life, and if you would put all the events of life and place them end to end, we would never get to rest, :-) This way several things happen at once and then we get to rest for awhile (wistful thinking)