"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

For Better Or Worse - Part I


In 1980 DH and I began our life of married bliss. I brushed up on my homemaking skills every chance I had to impress the man. We were both on the neat freakish side of keeping our little condo sparkling clean. DH, of course, was a little more neat freakish than yours truly. He went as far as having all desk pencils sharpened and facing the same direction :) . He could also walk into any room blindfolded and find exactly what he needed; well, maybe he'd only have to remove his contact lenses or glasses as his vision was about 20/400. Back then he wore contacts to work and would make his own saline soluition from distilled water and salt tablets. One day, after being married for about four months, I saw dh get out a gallon jug of water from the hallway closet. I asked what he needed it for ... that's when he said, " to make contact lens solution" ... that's also when I informed him I had been filling it up at the tap and adding liquid plantfood for sometime. Soon afterwards, I got on the same page with dh and no longer mixed the twain. I told him that someday he would look back at my foible and laugh about the incident. Maybe tonight is a good night to bring up the subject again ... Remember when, Honey .........
Photo: Yours truly and DH Fall of 1981 ... yes, that's a maternity top!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Very Beautiful women you are!

Maggie Ann said...

What a good looking couple, and you were beautiful! My hubby was a neat freak...just out of the service...I wish I had married a beach bum *wink* in regards to that...grin.

Deb said...

I've heard of having a "green thumb" but never "green eyes" --unless, of course, you're The Incredible Hulk. (or in your dh's case --the "incredible hunk"!) - very nice photo of a beautiful couple!

Birmingham Girl said...

Great story, shades of I Love Lucy there! Maybe the part of the wedding vows that says for better or worse are refering to making your own saline solution. :)
Your a great looking couple, and you haven't changed a bit, except that your not pregnant now!

Willena said...

Congratulations, Mrs. Mac!! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

Thank you for your comment on my blog, which is now ages ago. :-\ I'm sorry for being so far behind in replying. :( The quick answer is, the boys still don't have a bed and their big set of shelves isn't back in place yet, so chaos still reigns in their room. And if you visit my blog today you will see all the posts I haven't been writing in the past two weeks. Delinquent again. And feeling very guilty. :(

Jada's Gigi said...

OMGosh! no you didn't!! well, he looks as if he might have forgiven you...maybe...lol