"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, January 22, 2007

Small Talk


Have you ever been paid a "backwards" compliment and found it so very hard not to laugh at the person giving you the compliment? Last night's conversation with Nathan was one of those moments in a parents life when biting your tongue was necessary. While at my desk he came over to make small talk (literally as it's hard to understand most of his language) ... but he used his best "doggy-ism" with me, patted my head and lovingly looked into my eyes while saying, "Good Dog"! Of course, I was excited to be able to understand his speech ... but then it hit me what he was saying and I nearly rolled off my chair ... but quickly regained my best motherly composure and thanked him for the "compliment" ;)

Quote of the day: "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. and let us not neglect our meeting together ..." Hebrews 10:25

9 comments:

Pat said...

Just proves that love is good in any language! Now sit....good girl!

Maggie Ann said...

Love shared is awsome, isn't it!

Sara said...

how sweet!

Terry said...

O Mrs. Mac...You just keep on gathering up the gold dust from that Little Gift, eh?
You are very blessed indeed!...Love Terry

Jada's Gigi said...

Oh how funny! He is a treasure! What a good girl you are...:)

Mrs. Darling said...

How precious!

Live, Love, Laugh said...

oh my this is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. How adorable!!

Michelle said...

oh that is too funny! how nice that he paid you a compliment though :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! There's more than one way to say "I love you!"