"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Year

There's nothing like a fresh new calendar on my wall or desk .. one that holds lots of hope and promise stored within its pages .. yet to be written.  May God bless each of you this coming year as you bless Him in actions, words and deeds.  Not in 'good works' to get something back from Him .. but as an act of faith and desire to serve the Living God Almighty.


What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?  Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.  If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?  In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
  But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
   Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
 James 2:14-18

4 comments:

Pat said...

Happy New Year to you and all the Mac's! What a pleasure to come to your beautiful home and meet your precious family, it was a trip I will always hold dear.
Looking forward to 2011, and stealing a line from my favorite poem, "the best is yet to be"!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
You are indeed a doer of the word and not only a listener.

I reckon that's the way you are born, bread and somehow I cannot imagine you otherwise.
Lots of good ideas and the will and force to see them come true.

May this year bring more of the very best in you and yours and may your wishes and plans followed by hard work all come true.

As I am writing, I see that you are the ultimate settler wife, as described in novels, movies and history books.
No wonder you chose to built you final home in Northern Idaho.

Be blessed, dear sister scout of mine.
from Felisol

Debra said...

Hi! I came over here from Saija's blog and I'm totally smitten by the painting in your header! Do you know the name of the artist? I can't quite figure it out from the initials in the bottom corner. I'd really love to find out his/her name. Thanks for any help! Blessings, Debra

Maggie Ann said...

Happy new year to you and your family also! I'm still laying about with the dregs of a virus. It's very relaxing anyway! A new knitting catalog came in the mail today, very enticing,but looking at the pictures is as good as it will get for a while. Are you still making any cards. ? Have you tried this? Stamp an image on tissue paper and colour it in. Then hold it on a pillar candle and using a heat gun ...carefully heat as the candle JUST begins to melt a wee bit it absorbs the tissue, and leaves only the design showing. It impressed me & was nice to learn.