"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again


Last night I had high hopes of watching the movie, National Treasure, Book of Secrets. Popcorn was made ... surround sound on ... It takes a lot for me to sit down and watch a movie, period! Once in a blue moon I even make it to a theater. Last such occurrence was to see the Narnia flick a few years ago ... before that ... Pearl Harbor ... and before that the Star Wars 'prequel' ... That's three movies (out) in about eight years and they all put me to sleep. My track record for most movies is: ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz before the plot thickens. I even drank a few cups of java around 8:00 PM to give me a nudge. From what my family tells me, the movie was great. Maybe I'll revisit the movie later perhaps in fifteen minute intervals.

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

I've been falling asleep more and more during movies at home. I'd like to think that's more a matter of the movie being BAD than me being overly tired.

I rarely finish a movie that I snoose to, figuring it probably isn't good enough to watch all the way through.

Hey, you should watch movies in the car while you drive. No falling asleep in there!!! :)

Pat said...

You sound like me. If I want to nap, just put a movie on.
I don't like going to the show because I get all fidgety - I'd rather be home where I can sleep!!

Sara said...

i have the same problem. i have to start it around 6:00 to even hope to make it through! it just starts to seem SOOO BORING!