"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Meeting New Neighbors



I
enjoy my solitude, being a homebody, and not having my agenda filled to the brim each and every day. But isolation is tolerable to me for only so long ... then all work around the house must fall by the wayside and visiting with family, friends, and acquaintances takes priority. We have built our home in a "Goldilocks" neighborhood. The neighbors seem nice and willing to let me in their circle without being too nosy-esque (hard), or too uncaring (soft), but rather al dente (just right). The ones I've met have taken an interest in my special needs son (Nathan) and have given me their names and phone numbers should I ever find him "gone missing" ... escape artist that he is. My immediate neighbors have helped shut off a leaky sprinkler valve, provided dinner from their garden surplus, and have two of the nicest children that seem to enjoy playing sports with Nathan.
"Seldom set foot in your neighbor's house—
too much of you, and he will hate you."
Proverbs 25:17

3 comments:

Sara said...

sounds like the perfect mix! i'm glad you're home at last!

Pat said...

Your first sentence described how I feel. More times then not, I enjoy being alone, but I don't want it to be 100% of my diet. I'm so happy that you have found such good neighbors...you truly seem to be home. I need to move into your hood.

Terry said...

That's nice that the neighbours are all so willing to keep an eye on your little "escape artist" Mrs. Mac.
The post above was so serious that i didn't want to laugh but when you said the Gift took off and was heading to the Macs for some french fries, I felt the laugh inside!
That was just too funny!!
But really, Mrs. Mac.. just french fries and no Big Mac?.......Love Terry