"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, March 17, 2006

Beef Stew

OK ... I'm on a diet and I end up watching the Food Channel most of the time! Well sometime this week the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, was making Burgandy Beef Stew that looked so delicious! At this very moment it's cooking in my oven making my mouth and eyes water ... it contains a whole bottle of red wine ... and it smells so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever inhaled a whole bottle of wine while it's cooking in your oven? You must try it. Let me know if you want the recipe. I have lost over five pounds!

1 comment:

JansJourney said...

Hi, Mrs.Mac,
I was surprised to see that you are still visiting my blog! Amazing! my husband read some of your blog site aloud to me, laughing all the while. He thinks you and I are two peas in a pod, in that I'd rather try to fix something myself than pay a repairman. However, garage doors? I don't think so. Maybe because I'm so short I'd feel a little overwhelmed. BTW, our garage looks like yours, but we aren't moving! Good luck with your move, and remember, it's like Roseanandanda used to say: "It's always something!"
Best wishes,
Jan