"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, May 19, 2006

Less Is More

Since I'm now living in a much smaller ... but well designed ... house, and with 2/3's of my STUFF in storage, no lawn to mow yet, floors that can actually be damp mopped instead of hand washed, oatmeal flecked colored carpet instead of white, a one story floorplan with a large laundry/mudroom off the garage ... and a normal ceiling height between 8-12 feet (vs 20 ft), my cost of living has drastically gone down ... my workload has practically ceased to exist, and I actually have time at night to relax. I think I will rethink the interior style of the home we're building ... at least for the finishing touches ... nothing shiny ... nothing white ... and ditch about half the junk in storage that just wastes my time and energy!

No comments: