"These happy golden years are passing by, these happy golden years." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas


Christmas at home this year will be here before I know it. Now as I type, the neighbor kids are using the common part of the driveway as a private sledding hill, and I may just have to join them in a bit. With the exception of Patrick, all will be home Christmas Day. He is finishing up his last two months of military service and then plans to move home in February and get established in our area. Today was sunny, clear, and cold. But the scenery was awesome! Nathan and I got out for a bit and took a drive around the lake after taking a few turns on the sled. Hoping you are warm.

Hugs from the North Woods,

Photo: View from my driveway 12/20/08

4 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I cant even tell how much snow we have because of the drifts. its just gorgeous. Your driveway looks like mine right now. They say we are getting freezing rain on top of this foot of snow. Oh what a mess!

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
I am praying for the day that your hero boy will be returning!
I am going to start this very day marking off the days on this Canadian calendar I have.
Oh! the glorious day it will be when his feet are planted on USA Idaho ground!!....Love Terry

Pat said...

What a view! That's got to soothe the soul after a day of being Mom, wife, and all around jack of all trades!
Stay warm..inside and out!
Blessings!

Felisol said...

Dear Mrs. Mac,
I am so glad to hear that Patrick is due home in just a couple of months.
Best Christmas news so far.
Enjoy the sledge ride.
From Felisol